Beacon Health Options (Beacon) created by the merger of behavioral health companies, Beacon Health Strategies and ValueOptions, serves more than 50 million people across the US and UK. Beacon has more than 70 locations throughout the US, over 5,000 employees, over 200 employer clients and partners with over 100 health plans. Beacon is accreditated by URAC and NCQA.
Bringing two large companies together after the merger was challenging; merging systems, communication with employees, sharing corporate culture and streamlining HR and employee training programs. They found their “HRIS system was limited and not as good as Relias for this type of thing,” said Barbara Mazzola, AVP of Training and Development.
Beacon used Relias every step of the way with the integration process; corporate structure, onboarding, all staff training and non-training requirements. Linking their HRIS and Relias Learning Management systems created a living, breathing organizational chart that is constantly updated. The link between systems enhanced the automated training plans; employee changes in the HRIS system triggers an automatic training plan assignment or update. Simply adding a new hire into the HRIS system assigns unique training plans in the LMS to ensure state/program specific requirements are met.
“Don’t think you can’t do something in the system. It can always work.”
- Enhanced communication: better delivery of information to employees and providers.
- Automated training plan updates: HRIS updates result in updated training plans, automatically.
- Flexibility and growth of learning platform.
Beacon Health Options
70 Locations Throughout the US
Top Three Benefits
- Seamless integration between HRIS and training systems.
- Automated training plan assignment.
- Improved communication across entire organization.