Award recognizes Relias’ commitment to diversity hiring.
MORRISVILLE, NC, October 10, 2019 – Relias, a trusted partner to more than 10,000 clients around the world, was honored by The Arc of the Triangle as the 2019 Employer of the Year at a ceremony held September 10th at Marbles Kids Museum in downtown Raleigh, NC. The award was given in recognition of Relias’ employment of Cameron Johnson as a Facilities Assistant in their Morrisville, NC headquarters. In this role Cameron performs a wide variety of jobs and makes a significant and tangible contribution to Relias company culture. Cameron is a participant in The Arc’s Supported Employment program which provides support to adults looking for permanent employment in the community.
“We’re honored to be acknowledged in this way by our friends at The Arc of the Triangle,” said Tina Krebs, Chief People Officer at Relias. “Cameron has become part of the Relias family and is a shining example of the value The Arc of the Triangle brings to this community.”
Judging for the award is done by members of The Arc’s Supported Employment Department, who determine the recipient based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrates leadership in providing and encouraging workplace opportunities by hiring, employing, and promoting persons with disabilities
- Provides a competitive wage to all its employees
- Willing to make accommodations for persons with disabilities, allowing them to realize their full potential
- Provides natural support through coworkers and supervisors allowing for optimum independence in the workplace
- Understands that persons with disabilities bring a unique perspective to the table
“The Arc of the Triangle believes in recognizing businesses that are leading the way in competitive employment for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities,” said Jennifer Pfaltzgraff, Executive Director for The Arc of the Triangle. “It is our pleasure to celebrate a company like Relias as one of those leaders.”
2019 marks the 10th anniversary of the Employer of the Year award. Previous winners include Whole Foods, California Pizza Kitchen and the North Carolina Office of State Personnel.
For more than 10,000 healthcare organizations and 4,500,000 caregivers, Relias continues to help clients deliver better clinical and financial outcomes by reducing variation in care. Our platform employs performance metrics and assessments to reveal specific gaps in skills and addresses them with targeted, personalized and engaging learning. We help healthcare organizations, their people, and those under their care, get better. Better at identifying problems, addressing them with better knowledge and skills, and better outcomes for all. Let us help you get better: www.relias.com.
About The Arc of the Triangle
For 60 years, The Arc has been the voice for children and adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD) throughout the United States. he Arc of the Triangle offers a variety of programs and services to fit the needs of children and adults with disabilities in the Triangle area. This includes Durham, Orange and Wake counties as well as some other areas. The Arc of the Triangle’s method for service delivery is one based on building person-centered plans and nurturing inclusive environments while providing the specialized services children and adults with I/DD need to be successful in their communities. For more information: http://www.arctriangle.org/.
For more information:
- Relias Achieves HITRUST CSF® Certification to Manage Risk, Improve Security Posture and Meet Compliance Requirements
- Relias Survey of Direct Support Professionals Reveals Disparity Between Employee Expectations and Employment Realities of Industry
- Relias Brings Impact Nation 2019 Healthcare Conference to San Antonio
- Relias Helps Hospitals Earn Texas Maternal Care Designation in Education and Training