This webinar provides participants the opportunity to gain an understanding of the various risk factors and causes of dehydration. Participants will understand clinical parameters used to assess hydration status, along with methods to calculate fluid requirements. An overview will be provided on body homeostasis and fluid regulation. Clinicians will be offered various strategies that will help prevent dehydration from occurring in all health care settings.
Watch this webinar and learn about the following topics:
- Risk factors for dehydration
- How to identify and assess for dehydration
- Fluid regulation and body homeostasis
- Methods to calculate fluid needs
- Lab parameters to evaluate hydration status
- Strategies to decrease the risk of dehydration in the elderly resident