Zepf CenterOhio Behavioral Health
Top Three Benefits
- 1. Easy to stay compliant with CARF and other regulatory needs; the course crosswalk to CARF standards made building training plans eas
- 2. Ease of use for both learners taking courses and administrators running reports and managing staff requirements
- 3. Load their own training content or video of external SMEs providing training so no one misses out
40 yearsserving the residents of Ohio
See How Relias Can Improve Your BusinessStart a Conversation
Not All Online Learning is Created Equal
Interview with Cathy Daney, Administrative Coordinator, Zepf Center.
The Relias Advantage
The Zepf Center is a non-profit that provides behavioral health and vocational services to youth and adults with severe and persistent mental illness in over 12 locations across the state of Ohio. Services include child and adolescent psychiatric, medical, residential, and therapy services, as well as career development. Zepf Center strives to treat the whole person through psychiatric, care coordination, residential, case management, therapy and career development services. With over 600 employees, they serve more than 5,000 individuals every year.
A CARF-accredited organization that has been serving Ohio for over 40 years, Zepf Center recently merged with another large organization (COMPASS). Not only have they expanded their programs and services, serving a diverse client population across multiple locations, but they have also more than doubled their staff in the past few years. They struggled with communication and keeping everyone at all levels connected and informed, which resulted in the implementation of an online learning management system years ago. Making sure they had the right system that was meeting their needs was an additional challenge. It’s easy to get comfortable with software, especially after purchase and long time use, and not evaluate its effectiveness and benefits to staff. The leadership at Zepf Center did just that and found there was a better way.
One of the many advantages of using the Relias system was how user-friendly it is, not just for the staff completing courses but the administrators of the system who create training plans, run reports and manage regulatory compliance. “We noticed the ease of use with staff signing themselves up for courses,” said Cathy Daney, Administrative Coordinator. “Staff can easily find courses they need without calling us too much; we still get some calls but not as much.”
While the training and compliance departments manage the system, they work closely with HR to ensure that onboarding and programspecific training plans are done correctly and in a timely fashion and they create corrective training plans when needed. They set up the web services connection between their HRIS system and Relias, making it faster and easier to keep employee information updated and run accurate reports for managers. They also use the system to track non-training requirements like licensure and certificates (CPR, Crisis, etc.) and manage all their live training.
“We really like the Relias system, as compared to the old system we used to use. We did a side by side comparison and went with Relias.”
Despite all the features and functions Zepf Center uses, one of the deciding factors in making the switch was the quality of the course layout and structure. They appreciate how interactive the courses are, with knowledge checks through the course to enhance learning.
- Everyone uses the system, from medical providers and clinical staff to administrative and housekeeping; they take the health and safety courses to meet regulations.
- Current Updated Content: Zepf Center staff don’t have to worry about keeping training up-to-date and current with regulations; content is updated regularly.
- Easy to find regulatory and licensing requirements; staff find what they need to keep licenses current, and regulations are built right into the system.