Aaron Williams MA
Senior Director of Training and Technical Assistance for Substance Abuse, National Council for Behavioral Health
Abigail Hirsch PhD
Chief Clinical Officer, myStrength
Carol Clayton PhD
VP of Population Health Management, Relias
Bonni Hopkins PhD
VP Analytic Innovation & Strategy, Beacon Health Options
The Role of Technology in Solving the Opioid Crisis
Opioid Crisis Update: Where Are We Now?
It’s been about one year after a state of emergency was declared and the Opioid Commission issued its recommendations. Where are we now?
During this webinar, we discuss the state of the opioid epidemic in healthcare, including what progress has been made since the commission report release and declaration of federal State of Emergency. Aaron Williams, MA, Senior Director of Training and Technical Assistance for Substance Abuse for the National Council for Behavioral Health, moderates a discussion with clinical experts about the current state of healthcare as it pertains to moving the needle on the opioid epidemic.
You will also hear from Bonni Hopkins, PhD, VP Analytic Innovation and Strategy from Beacon Health Options about how they have used technology to support their efforts.
During this webinar, we address the following issues:
- Where should healthcare providers, health systems, health plans and payers go from here?
- How can providers work differently and perform better in prevention and substance use treatment?
- What’s the role of medication-assisted treatment (MAT)?
- How can the newest digital tools impact self-reported opioid use, quality of life and health outcomes?
- What is the role of research in shaping technology to help manage healthcare crises?
- How can providers best address chronic pain and other behavioral health comorbidities with the best clinical and cost outcomes?
- What role can predictive modeling play to ensure good opioid stewardship, reduced risk and prevention of dependence?