Opioid Commission Final Report: Recommendations and Effects on Payers, Insurers, and Providers
About This Webinar
The primary goal of the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis is to develop an effective set of recommendations to combat the opioid crisis and drug addiction in our nation.
The 128-page final report outlines 56 different proposals made by the commission under the following headings:
- Federal Funding and Programs (3)
- Opioid Addiction Prevention (2)
- Prescribing Guidelines, Regulations, Education (6)
- Prescription Drug Monitoring (PDMP) Act Enhancements (5)
- Supply Reduction and Enforcement Strategies (14)
- Opioid Addiction Treatment, Overdose Reversal, and Recovery (21)
- Research and Development (5)
Join Section Chief Susan Kansagra, MD, MBA of the N.C. Division of Public Health, Chronic Disease and Injury Section NCDHHS and Senior Director Dr. Jason Vogler, Ph.D., CSSBB of the Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services NCDHHS as they discuss what the implementation of these recommendations will mean to payers/insurers and clinicians/providers.
Susan Kansagra, MD, MBA
Section Chief, N.C. Division of Public Health, Chronic Disease and Injury Section, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Jason Vogler, Ph.D., CSSBB
Senior Director, Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services