Interview with Tina Thomas, Employee Development Coordinator at Archway Station, Inc.
“Relias is such an important training tool! The competency-based training allows us to track whether employees are learning and retaining information on topics in which they have been trained. If there are deficiencies, we can quickly identify them and correct them.”
Archway Station has also been completing a thorough review of all policies, updating and operationalizing them as needed. For example, an auditor pointed out that their management of 401(k) info to employees was lacking details about employees expressing interest; they were tracking receipt of information, not employee response. They added a questionnaire to their informational course in the RLMS and discovered that about 25% of staff don’t participate but want to, and they have corrected that. With their CARF accreditation survey looming, they have quickly and easily updated their new hire and/or annual training plans by adding topics such as rights of people providing and using services, anti-stigma and advocating for people using services, financial management and training, and cultural diversity, just to name a few.
- Online content reiterates and solidifies what was learned in orientation.
- Created online training for staff on CARF accreditation proses to help with cultural and attitude change, helping encourage investment in the process.
- Hundreds of courses available to staff to expand knowledge of current issues for personal growth and development
Archway Station, IncMaryland Behavioral Health
Top Four Benefits
- 1. Easy to manage, track and report on regulatory body needs from CARF to Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration
- 2. Managers use online content for skill development and to correct deficiencies
- 3. Archway builds their own courses on organization and state specific topics
- 4. Improved management of non-training requirements like driver license, auto insurance, and passport renewal dates