Nellie Galindo MSW, MSPH
Content Marketing Manager, Relias
Melissa Lewis-Stoner MSW, LCSW-C
Group Product Manager, Relias
Trauma-Informed Care 101: Basics of Trauma and the TIC Framework
About This Webinar
Current events like the COVID-19 pandemic, public images of police brutality, and an economic downturn have led to an increase in long-lasting physical and emotional stress in people across the world. These traumatic experiences have led to or exacerbated mental illnesses, substance use, and physical health conditions.
Trauma-informed care (TIC) has become a widely recognized paradigm for creating safe spaces for individuals who have experienced trauma and reducing the likelihood that accessing services would cause re-traumatization. But what exactly is trauma and the trauma-informed care framework?
Watch this webinar to learn:
- The basic components of trauma and the key elements of the trauma-informed care framework
- How COVID-19 has impacted trauma in both people served and your staff
- How to recognize trauma in your staff and prevent burnout/vicarious trauma
- How to view your organization through a trauma-informed lens (and examples of what a trauma-informed organization looks like)
- What to consider before embarking on a TIC journey at your organization