Recent additions push library total to more than 7,000 unique courses across Acute, Post-Acute and Behavioral Health
MORRISVILLE, NC, April 2, 2019 – Relias, a trusted partner to more than 10,000 healthcare organizations around the world and across the continuum of care, doubled its course library in 2018, with the majority of new additions coming in the Acute care market. Many of these new courses came to Relias from the acquisition of the OnCourse Learning healthcare business in the Fall of 2018. Relias’ library of more than 7,200 courses represents the largest and most diverse library of internally-developed courses in the industry.
Over the last two years Relias has put a strategic emphasis on providing a complete online education offerings for the Acute market. This has included the in-house development of nursing courses specifically designed for several critical areas, including: Emergency and Critical Care, OBGYN, Oncology, Pediatrics, and Rehabilitation. Relias is also the industry leader in cross-professional content for physicians, EMS, pharmacists and therapy. This emphasis aligns with the company’s goal of supporting integrated care models, as, per the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, there has been a roughly 50% increase in behavioral healthcare treatment from within Emergency Departments. The Relias catalog includes:
- More than 3,000 acute care courses, with more than 1,800 clinical courses
- 3,500 courses offering continuing education credit
- 43 Personalized Learning courses (ED, OB, ICU & MedSurg)
- Over 700 courses designed for international clients
Examples of courses offered include:
- Managing the Patient with Acute Stroke – Initial Onset and the First 24 hours
- Opioid Scenario-Based Challenge
- Crisis Management Across Health and Human Services
- Communicating with People with Dementia
“At Relias our growth is built on the needs of our clients and the dynamics of an evolving healthcare industry, said Ben Johnson, Chief Product Officer at Relias. “In expanding our course library, our focus was to develop and provide state-of-the-art courses that meet the demands of healthcare providers.”
While Relias’ expansion in the Acute market has increased dramatically in the past few years, the company has been the leader in online education in Post-Acute Care, Behavioral Health, and Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities for almost 20 years.
Relias employs over 100 content development professionals creating curriculum to address key clinical, continuing education, professional development, and compliance & regulatory issues. Relias staff includes registered nurses, doctors, social workers, therapists, and other licensed clinical professions. Over 90% of courses are created by Relias employees working with clients and over 100 accrediting bodies to develop the most clinically advanced, regulatory compliant, online education material in healthcare.
For more than 10,000 healthcare organizations and 4,500,000 caregivers, Relias continues to help clients deliver better clinical and financial outcomes by reducing variation in care. Our platform employs performance metrics and assessments to reveal specific gaps in skills and addresses them with targeted, personalized and engaging learning. We help healthcare organizations, their people, and those under their care, get better. Better at identifying problems, addressing them with better knowledge and skills, and better outcomes for all. Let us help you get better: www.relias.com
- Relias Receives Multiple Honors at 2019 SIPAwards
- Relias Expands Footprint With Insurance Providers by Signing Church Mutual As a New Customer
- Relias Chief People Officer Tina Krebs to be Honored at Triangle Business Journal “Women in Business” Event
- Relias Welcomes Delegation of Chinese Senior Care Executives for Tour of U.S. Facilities