Theodore Roosevelt once said, “Comparison is the thief of all joy.” This may be true when it comes to comparing things we cannot easily change, but when we can – for example, when making a purchase – comparison is critical. We need to know what “the best” looks like in order to make a sound decision, right?
Let’s talk about learning management systems (LMSs). When it comes to purchasing an LMS, there are minimal requirements we seek like ease of use, effectiveness and a certain level of customizability. But when we want “the best,” we have to look beyond the minimal requirements.
What does “the best” LMS look like?
The best LMS is the one that exceeds your organization’s needs. One that is built by people who understand the populations and communities you serve, and who spend their time monitoring upcoming industry changes and trends so that you aren’t left behind. It is developed with your organization’s goals, your staff’s development and your clients’ needs in mind, and in addition to delivering outstanding training, it also focuses on ways to deliver much, much more.
Exactly how much more?
Innovations in online learning now make it possible for LMSs to be used as a one-stop shop for many things, not just as a course delivery system. Take a look:
- Performance management tools like annual evaluations can be created and maintained within an LMS to track staff development and assign necessary training; competency checklists enable supervisors to observe and approve demonstrated skills.
- Policies and procedures tracking lets you say goodbye to those old, dusty binders you were using so you can maintain your policies and procedures electronically.
- Gaming elements and interactive user interfaces not only boost engagement, but enable friendly competition between departments to complete training (100% compliance anyone?!).
- Mobile-optimized courses let busy professionals complete their training on-the-go.
- Micro-learning (short courses with condensed information) boosts retention and performance.
- Simulated learning lets your staff learn from real-time decisions and is the quickest way to improved client outcomes (with the changing landscape of healthcare, who doesn’t want that?!).
Quite a list, right? If you don’t already have the best LMS for your needs, I hope you now have a better idea of what to look for.
Mr. Roosevelt also said, “Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” I agree, and what better way to show clients how much you care than to provide them with the best services and best trained professionals possible?
Take a look at our free eBook to see how Relias’ LMS measures up!
Posts By Topic
- Abuse (10)
- Addiction (7)
- Alzheimer's (3)
- CMS (5)
- Direct Support Professionals (11)
- Employee Burnout (5)
- Fatal Four (4)
- Gamification (4)
- Hiring Solutions (2)
- Impact Nation (3)
- Industry (412)
- ABA and Autism (68)
- Acute Care (60)
- Assisted Living & Senior Care (4)
- Behavioral Health (19)
- Children, Youth & Families (11)
- Community Health (11)
- Corrections (3)
- Health and Human Services (109)
- Home Health (13)
- Hospice & Palliative Care (11)
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (63)
- Law Enforcement (2)
- Payers & Health Plans (11)
- Post-Acute Care (132)
- Skilled Nursing & Long Term Care (11)
- Special Education & Schools (3)
- Leadership Development (8)
- Mental Health (11)
- Mobile Learning (6)
- National Council for Behavioral Health (1)
- Opioid Abuse (16)
- PDGM (1)
- PDPM (4)
- Performance Improvement (30)
- Product (86)
- QAPI (5)
- Relias News (7)
- Retaining Staff (2)
- Sepsis (2)
- Solution (90)
- APS (9)
- Change Management (3)
- Clinical Solutions (8)
- Compliance Training (6)
- Employee Engagement (7)
- Hiring, Onboarding & Retention (20)
- Hospital Acquired Conditions (2)
- Integrated Care (6)
- Population Health Management (2)
- Preventing Rehospitalizations (8)
- Risk Mitigation (2)
- Skills Development (2)
- Suicide Prevention (7)
- Transitions of Care (2)
- Trauma-Informed Care (6)
- Value Based Payment (1)
- Valued Based Performance Management (2)
- Workplace Violence Solutions (7)
- Staff Development (10)
- Staff Training (9)
- Teepa Snow (1)
- Workforce Development (30)