Currently in the US, we are faced with an unacceptably high rate of cesarean births along with the associated short and long-term risks to both mothers and babies when these procedures are not medically necessary. Hospitals, providers, and nurses need insight into the factors driving these high rates, and access to effective strategies to promote vaginal birth and maintain cesarean birth rates at targeted levels.
Download this white paper to learn:
- Four contributors to higher cesarean birth rates
- Strategies to promote physiologic birth and the importance of patient education
- The role of induction: recent trends, appropriate use, and associated risks
- The use of FHR management guidelines
- Increasing access to vaginal birth including management of singleton breech, twins, and TOLAC