Revenue up 42%, fueled by growth in core businesses, acquisitions, global expansion, and innovative product enhancements
CARY, NC, February 16, 2017 – Relias Learning, the leader in online training solutions for the healthcare market, completed a successful 2016 with a host of milestones and achievements as it expanded into new territories, entered new verticals, nearly doubled its staff and welcomed nearly 1,500 new clients in 2016.
“Growth was our focus in 2016,” explained Jim Triandiflou, CEO of Relias Learning. “By entering new verticals including acute care, new markets in Europe and Asia, and adding in-demand analytics offerings, Relias Learning is executing our strategy to become the global leader in online learning in healthcare. As we look towards 2017, helping clients improve the skills of their people, deliver better care, and improve financial results will fuel Relias’ continued growth.”
2016 Relias Learning Highlights:
More Lives Impacted:
- Over 3 million learners in approximately 6,000 healthcare organizations completed over 30 million courses.
- More than 8 million of the most vulnerable members of society were cared for by people trained on Relias educational material.
- Launched the Relias Institute, the research arm of Relias Learning, to conduct clinical research studies examining the impact of education and technology on healthcare outcomes.
- More than 1,000 hours of Relias employee volunteer time to such initiatives as Special Olympics, Habitat for Humanity, Hear the Cry, and our first #LiveLove trip of four Relias employees to Haiti.
Outstanding Business Growth and Results:
- Revenue growth of 42% year-over-year.
- Bookings growth of 58% year-over-year.
- Profitability growth of 21% year-over-year despite investments in growth initiatives.
- Almost 1,500 new clients added.
- Net Promoter Score of 55 (49 in 2015).
- 97% satisfaction with customer service (95% in 2015).
- Acquisition of five companies that expand the Relias education offerings and provide entry into new product categories, including analytics and assessments.
- Added 230 employees in 2016, nearly doubling the company total to 533.
- Announced plans to add 450 jobs in Cary, NC headquarters by the end of 2020.
- Opened offices in China, the UK and Germany.
- Added new executives including: Mark Belles, COO; Alex Osadzinski, Managing Director, Global Operations; Carol Clayton, Translational Neuroscientist; Tina Krebs, Director of Strategic Programs; Carter Adkinson, Vice President of Sales.
- Introduced mobile app featuring 90 Pro-on-the-Go courses and the BrainSparks® learning retention tool.
- More than 1 million BrainSparks completed in first five months.
- Acquisitions in the analytics and assessment categories driving 2017 product expansion.
- Grew training course library to over 3,000 courses from fire safety to dementia training.
- Added more than 1,000 new and revised courses including complete redesign of top 220 compliance courses.
- Launched highly sophisticated flagship courses including a re-hospitalization simulation where healthcare workers make life or death decisions based on the sights, sounds, and data presented in the course.
- Introduced gaming elements in the LMS, leading clients who used gaming elements to have 12% better compliance over time than those who do not use gaming elements.