Pressure Ulcer Management
F-Tag 314 is one of the top cited tags and often results in substantial civil money penalties. Pressure ulcers are subject to great scrutiny and are one of the most common causes of litigation in long term care. The burden of having a pressure ulcer is high, in physical, emotional and financial terms. It is estimated that 1 to 3 million people in the US develop pressure ulcers each year and 60,000 people die yearly from complications due to pressure ulcers and billions of dollars are spent annually treating pressure ulcers.
During this webinar we outline key points of the regulation and the steps needed to ensure your organization can prevent pressure ulcers and isn’t “wounded” by F314.
Download this webinar and be able to:
- Recall the definition and requirements of F-Tag 314
- Understand the difference between “avoidable” vs. “unavoidable”
- Explain prevention strategies
- List risk factors associated with pressure ulcers
- Discuss interventions for pressure ulcer management