This presentation will address how the current Medicare/Medicaid eligibility and reimbursement environment impacts the revenue sphere of Long Term Care and skilled nursing facilities. Specifically, it will analyze the tactics employed by state agencies, including MCOs and MAPs. It will educate attendees on how to combat these tactics by employing Federal Regulations to protect their revenue.
1. List and explain several CMS regulations that can be applied to ensure new forms of revenue at Long Term Care facilities.
2. Explain how to successfully pursue claims through DOBI and State & Federal Courts to aid revenue recovery.
3. Discuss MCO Recoupments. We will walk through how the federal court has recently addressed the issue of mistaken payments.
Administrators, Facility owners and C-Level Executives
Relias Learning, LLC is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Nurses will receive (1) contact hours for participating in this course.
Relias LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Relias LLC designates this in-person activity for a maximum of (1) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mr. Chad Bogar has disclosed a potential conflict of interest as the CEO and Managing Partner of sbi2 inc.
All other planning committee members have declared that no conflict of interest, Relevant Financial Relationship or Relevant Non -Financial Relationship exists.
In order to qualify for continuing education, attendee must perform the following:
- Sign in/Sign Out of Session
- Be present for the session in its entirety
- Complete the session evaluation that will be emailed to participant within one week of conference
- Certificates will be emailed to attendee within 30 days post-conference
Cultural Competence Statement:
All sessions offered by Relias are developed from a foundation of diversity, inclusiveness, and a multicultural perspective. Knowledge, values and awareness related to cultural competency are infused throughout the session.
Please send grievances or requests for accommodations for disability to Lizzie Sodoma at firstname.lastname@example.org