All organizations compete for the same things, market share, customer satisfaction, loyalty and employees. Finding and hiring a workforce is a challenge, but finding and hiring the most qualified workforce is even more challenging. Learn from a real scenario how a community health care organization, with a new HR function, recognized a real business problem. Despite skepticism and adversity, this HR leader/business partner developed a pragmatic solution to what seemed to be an accepted business challenge, turnover. After the first year of implementing the plan of action, HR was able to show that turnover decreased by 50%. Though constant change has occurred, this organization continues to maintain turnover below industry standards.
Human resource professionals, managers, staff who are involved in conducting interviews; all disciplines.
APPLIES TO: HRCI BODY of KNOWLEDGE
- Business Management & Strategy
- Workforce Planning & Employment
SHRM BoCK FUNCTIONAL AREA:
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Business & HR Strategy
- Critical Evaluation
Learning Objectives:Participants will be able to learn and apply solutions to their own business challenges.
- Assess organization needs impacting turnover
- Discuss performance based interviewing and how it will strengthen the workforce
- Apply hiring decisions that minimize legal risk
- Gain commitment when proposing a new strategy to an old problem
- Measure results & sustain favorable outcomes
Continuing Education Hours:
HRCI, SHRM 1 hour of credit
Attendees will get a certificate of completion valid towards:
- 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
- SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs): This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs
There is no additional fee for this course beyond the cost paid for admission to the conference. Please send grievances or requests for accommodations for disability to email@example.com. Course completion requirements: Requires remaining in the room for the duration of the instruction and all learners must sign in and out with the official session proxy. Paper certificates will be immediately awarded upon completion.
Cultural Competence Statement:
All courses offered by Essential Learning are developed from a foundation of diversity, inclusiveness, and a multicultural perspective. Knowledge, values and awareness related to cultural competency are infused throughout the course content.