An LMS is a solution that helps automate, manage and track all of your organization's training needs. These needs may include:
- Assigning curriculums
- Completing regulatory training
- Continuing education
- Staying compliant
- Producing reports for auditors
Can an LMS meet my company's unique needs?
Yes it can. A good LMS is flexible and can easily be customized to fit the needs of your organization and specific individuals. You may have specific needs that are based on:
- Your industry
- Local regulations
- Employee count
- Individuals you serve
A good learning management system adjusts to fit your needs—not the other way around.
Is it expensive?
No, most companies notice significant cost savings when they switch to a learning management system. Many organizations don’t realize how much they are spending on “wasted training expenses” including:
- Reimbursing employees for hotels, gas, and food when they travel for training
- Paying for outside training instructors or individual classes
- Backfilling roles of staff that are in training during work hours
- Time and effort sourcing training, assigning classes and managing a training program
These expenses can be reduced or eliminated with a learning management system.
How can I introduce online learning management to my company?
Getting started with a learning management system is probably easier than you think. Often, it can be done in four simple steps:
- Identify a learning management system that meets your needs
- Assign administrators to run the system
- Identify the necessary training
- Send that training to the appropriate staff
A good LMS provider will have an established training and implementation team that can get you up and running in as little as 30 days.