Wouldn’t it be nice to have an onboarding program planned and organized without you spending hours developing training for each new staff member? We recently hosted a webinar to talk about onboarding and were pleasantly surprised by how many people wanted to hear about this topic – and by how many questions the participants had. We wanted to share some of those questions – and answers – with you. So we interviewed one of our very own Support Managers here at Relias, Jennifer Johnson!
Why is on onboarding program important?
Having a robust onboarding program is a key component of successful organizations. An orientation curriculum takes the question marks out of how and when a new staff member will be successfully on boarded and ready to start work with your organization. The faster that new staff feel productive and confident in their role, the more quickly they can contribute as a successful member of the team.
How does it work?
Relias Learning has created effective strategies that make onboarding new staff convenient and fast. Our orientation curriculum allows courses to be assigned based upon an employees’ hire date – and you can specify what day a course is due within a period of time.
How do you monitor time for training completed off-site?
Relias recognizes the importance of a blended learning approach to training, and we have several recommendations for monitoring training completed off-site.
- Requirements trackers: A requirements tracker module contains no online content or online exam. These modules are commonly used to track non-training items that are mandatory for employees. Requirements tracker modules can be used for tracking things such as CPR certification, driver’s license renewals, and professional license renewals.
- Events: Used for a learning activity, such as classroom training, which takes place at a specific time and/or location. It includes all the features of a course, plus it allows for individual sessions, locations, session instructors, and webinar or online meeting information.
When dealing with these automated trainings, is there concern regarding quality assurance when there is not an instructor completing the trainings?
There is strong evidence to suggest that e-learning is as effective as or more effective than traditional classroom settings in meeting learning objectives and outcomes. Relias Learning courses are written by subject matter experts and thought leaders, in coordination with some of the foremost industry-leading organizations such as the Hazelden Foundation for our addiction training, or the End of Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) for our palliative care training. Relias Learning’s continuing education courses are reviewed for necessary updates at least every 3 years. In 2015, we expect to add more than 50 new courses, while revising more than 400 courses. The revisions will be targeted to some of our most often completed courses, leveraging advancements in adult learning techniques to maximize the user experience.
These questions are just a sampling! If you’d like to get all the details on how Relias helps with onboarding, replay our 30-minute webinar on Effective Strategies to Onboarding New Staff.
Posts By Topic
- Abuse (10)
- Addiction (7)
- Alzheimer's (3)
- CMS (5)
- Direct Support Professionals (11)
- Employee Burnout (5)
- Fatal Four (4)
- Gamification (4)
- Hiring Solutions (2)
- Impact Nation (3)
- Industry (390)
- ABA and Autism (68)
- Acute Care (49)
- Assisted Living & Senior Care (4)
- Behavioral Health (19)
- Children, Youth & Families (11)
- Community Health (10)
- Corrections (3)
- Health and Human Services (105)
- Home Health (13)
- Hospice & Palliative Care (11)
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (59)
- Law Enforcement (2)
- Payers & Health Plans (11)
- Post-Acute Care (126)
- Skilled Nursing & Long Term Care (11)
- Special Education & Schools (3)
- Leadership Development (8)
- Mental Health (11)
- Mobile Learning (7)
- National Council for Behavioral Health (1)
- Opioid Abuse (16)
- Performance Improvement (30)
- Product (77)
- QAPI (5)
- Relias News (6)
- Retaining Staff (2)
- Solution (80)
- Change Management (3)
- Clinical Solutions (1)
- Compliance Training (6)
- Employee Engagement (7)
- Hiring, Onboarding & Retention (19)
- Hospital Acquired Conditions (2)
- Integrated Care (5)
- Population Health Management (2)
- Preventing Rehospitalizations (8)
- Risk Mitigation (2)
- Skills Development (2)
- Suicide Prevention (7)
- Transitions of Care (2)
- Trauma-Informed Care (6)
- Value Based Payment (1)
- Valued Based Performance Management (2)
- Workplace Violence Solutions (7)
- Staff Development (10)
- Staff Training (9)
- Workforce Development (30)